Wednesday 9 April 2014

My Record Label

A Record Label of a company controls what the artist is seen like, for instance- publishing the artists name, brands seen with the artist, music videos that are published, advertising, and if its a great record label, like one of the big 4, it makes you known as a good artist by name. A record label is a brand/trademark which is part of the marketing and production of a music artist including the enforcement of copyright for sounds recording for the artists and their managers.

The Big 4 are as follows:

1.Sony
2.Universal
3.EMI
4.Warner.

These four represent the majority of the music sold around the world, making up as much as 75% of the music market per year.

My Record label that I chose for my artist was Sony Music. Sony is a Global company with a variety of different artists including world-wide artists and local artists. Sony is owned by Sony corporation of America that owns different premier record labels covering a range of all music genres.

I chose this record label as it is so well known. it would be able to get my artists name out there to my audience, and find a place in the music indusrty. It would allow better protection of sound, being a top 4 and being  mixed with other artits signed to this record would link my artist into a wider range of events, again getting her name out.

No comments:

Post a Comment